Traveling with kids can be a challenge and taking a road trip with kids will be more popular than ever this summer. With more families opting to do quick road trips for their summer vacations, we thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite road trip essentials when traveling with kids!
1. A towel for roadside picnic stops or a quick splash in the water.
2. We're fans of giving them some screentime but don't forget the headphones to keep everyone sane! But definitely make sure they also get in some good old fashioned sing a longs with campfire songs but also your favorite rock and roll tunes. We also love fun travel games like roadside Bingo!
3. Sandals that are easy to take on and off for quick bathroom trips! Freedom Moses makes tons of fun colors and designs.
4. We love these Walker Goods fanny packs aka Louie slings that each kid can bring to collect special finds along the way.
5. A reusable water bottle to fill up at each stop. Mizu makes a great kids size bottle in lots of fun colors! Bring a new pack of stickers and let them decorate it while you drive.
6. A snack bag! Fill a bag for each kiddo with their favorite snacks. We love the fun designs from Aloha Collection. Their Small Pouch is the perfect snack size. Our favorite road trip snacks are tangerines, trail mix and Clif Z Bars.
7. If you're road tripping along the coast or near a river, throw in a swimsuit or boardshorts for the kids just in case you want to make a quick pitstop for some splashing. You might get sandy but the memories will be worth it. Make sure to pack an Aloha Collection Max Pouch and toss those wet suits in to keep them from stinking up the car!
8. Hand sanitizer, SPF & chapstick. The essentials for snacking, in-car sunburns and dry skin from the a/c cranking. Our friends at Sun Bum make the perfect travel kit for this!